Hauora Maori Training Fund
Hauora Māori Health Workforce Non-Regulated Workforce Training Fund 2017
Tihei mauri ora!
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e rau rangatira mā
Tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa
- be either a volunteer (MUST DO AT LEAST 10HOURS PER WEEK), or a current employee of a DHB health and disability service, or a health and disability service, Primary Health Organisation (PHO) or a health and disability service that is funded by the DHB or the Ministry of Health
- have Māori whakapapa and/or proven cultural links with Te Ao Māori and Māori communities
- be approved and supported by the employer to undertake and complete the qualification(s)
- demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Māori health and/or disability studies
- be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent resident status conferred by the New Zealand Immigration Service
- meet the entry criteria required by the training provider.
Applications close Friday 31st March
Hauora Maori Training Fund is a workforce development fund for the health and disability workforce. A priority for this funding is the non-regulated health and disability workforce. If you are interested in studying in 2017 and meet the criteria please submit your application.
Contact Waireti Amai, HWNZ Hauora Funds Coordinator for more information.
Read about Wanita Tuwairua-Brown who has been a recipient of the training fund and is well on her way to completing a Diploma in Health Science.
Please complete the Hauora Māori Health Workforce NZ application form.