Comments, Compliments and Complaints

We are continually looking at ways to improve our services. We welcome feedback - positive or negative - as part of  efforts to identify what we do well and what we could do differently.

"Compliments and Comments" feedback forms can be found on your ward or you can ask your nurse to get one for you. Either place the completed form in the box provided or post it back to:

Quality Services
Hauora Tairawhiti
Private Bag 7001


If you are unhappy or concerned

If you are unhappy or concerned about anything related to the care and treatment you receive, contact your nurse in the first instance. If you are still unhappy then ask to talk with your Nurse Unit Manager.

If, after talking with hospital staff, you still feel your rights are not being met to your satisfaction, contact the Complaints and Advice Line phone (06) 869 0528 OR the Health Consumer Service, phone (06) 862 7762.

If you are still not satisfied, contact the Health and Disability Commissioner Advocate, phone 0800 112 233 or write to PO Box 12299, Wellington.